Enzymes for Anaerobic Digestion
Bock UK are delighted to introduce a new enzyme product to the anaerobic digestion industry called OPTIMASH® AD-100 from DuPont.
DuPont™ OPTIMASH® AD-100 is a mix of enzymes designed to improve biogas production during anaerobic digestion (AD). It works by breaking down cellulosic fibres, resulting in sugars that are more suitable for biogas-producing microorganisms.
OPTIMASH® AD-100 is effective at breaking down organic materials that contain cellulosic fibres like those in paper, wastewater sludge, animal and farm wastes. This also includes enabling safe use of non-food feedstock’s such as straw and deep litter muck.
OPTIMASH® AD-100 offers the following benefits to biogas plant operators:
- Increased biogas production
- Decreased feedstock requirements
- Improved biogas quality (methane/carbon dioxide ratio)
- Reduced viscosity of substrate – reduced mixing costs
- Increased fermentation rate; shorter residence time
- Increased process robustness; ability to break down difficult substrates and reduce risk of rafting
Sandra Hinz PhD from DuPont Industrial Biosciences recently gave a presentation at the World Biogas Expo 2017 entitled “Enzyme Technology To Drive Profits In Biogas Production”. Download the PDF version by clicking here.
To speak with one of our team feel free to call us directly on 01787 220560 or email email@example.com.